Did You Know?...
Brookville Municipal Authority offers many ways for customers to pay their water/sewer bill. Payment options include:
- Mail a check or money order. Checks/money orders must be received in our office on or before due date.
- ACH Program. Have the bill directly withdrawn from your bank account.
- Bank Checks. These are payments made through your bank. The bank still mails a paper check to our office, so allow mail time.
- Payment window at 18 Western Avenue, Suite A, in Brookville.
- Payment box on 3rd Street for check or money order payments only.
- Pay online. Fee applies for credit card payments.
Did You Know?...
Brookville Borough and Brookville Municipal Authority are two separate companies? Brookville Borough is your local form of government ran by seven (7) elected Council members and a Mayor. The day-to-day operations are overseen by a Borough Manager which reports directly to all seven Council members. The Borough Council is responsible for maintaining public roadways, stormwater lines, public parks and recreation, parking meters, street lights, and signs to name the main physical aspects. The Borough also helps to oversee the town's overall appearance and health through local ordinances and resolutions. The Borough's primary source of revenue is through taxes.
Brookville Municipal Authority is your local water and wastewater utilities provider ran by five (5) appointed Board members. The day-to-day operations are overseen by a Water/Wastewater Commissioner and Administrative Manager whom both report directly to the five Board members. The Authority oversees the water treatment plant, wastewater treatment plant, maintains private fire hydrants, and distribution lines. The Authority's source of revenue is through water and wastewater bills.
The Borough and Authority are not joined. Borough Council does not oversee water and wastewater rates and the Authority Board does not oversee taxes. Council members cannot assist in Authority matters and vice versa. The two companies do share the costs of the Borough Manager/Administrative Manager for the day-to-day operations of both companies. Borough Council meets the first and third Tuesday of every month in the large meeting room at the Borough Complex. The Municipal Authority meets the second Tuesday of every month in the small meeting room at the Borough Complex.